Monday, January 7, 2013

The Kalevala Tales of Magic and Adventure by Kirsti Makinen

I meet a lot of people on the internet.  I often use it for research and when I was trying to find my mother-in-law's brown bread recipe (she didn't use a recipe and didn't want to share it anyway), I talked to the Finnish Embassy and asked them if they could help me find one.  They did. When they noticed I sold books, they asked if I had read the Kalevala yet.  It's a Finnish fairy tale that is almost mythological.  I hadn't then, but this book came in with the books I was reviewing for Foreword Magazine.  It's an amazing story and the illustrations are fantastic.

The Kalevala Tales of Magic and Adventure
 
Author Name    Kirsti Makinen 
 
Title   The Kalevala Tales of Magic and Adventure

Binding   Hardcover

Book Condition   Near Fine

Type   Book

Edition   First Edition

Publisher    Simply Read Books 2009

Illustrator   Pirkko-Liisa Surojegin

Seller ID   020800

Oversized hardcover. Near fine condition. Dust jacket is in very good condition, light edgewear on bottom cover. Join the heroes from the Finnish epic, the Kalevala, in their incredible adventures and battles for love, revenge, truth, and the mysterious Sampo, the wellspring of eternal life wealth and happiness.
Price = 25.00 USD

Buy Link:  The Kalevala

No comments: