Saturday, January 5, 2013

Anna by Dagfinn Gronoset

Reading this book touched me.  My grandparents on my father's side had immigrated from Czechoslovakia.  The words of this woman echoed some of stories my Grandma had told me about her homeland.  Even in the states they often plowed ground without an animal; they took turns pulling the heavy old plow.  

Anna was sold for more beer money.  Here's a biography you won't forget after you read it...

AnnaAuthor Name    Dagfinn Gronoset
Title   Anna
Binding   Hardcover
Book Condition   Good
Type   Book
Seller ID   009700
Hardcover, ex-library. Alfred A. Knopf, 1975. In good condition, usual library markings and wear. "My husband sold me for 300 kroner; he sold me like a slave."
Price = 10.00 USD


Here is a link to purchase:  Anna

No comments: